Monday, November 10, 2008

You can call me Puck!




Great news for Straycat! His tests were neg. and he's now officially a member of the family! When we came home from the vets, I had the studio all ready for him and he came walking out of the cat carrier purring and rubbed all over me to say thank you.

Straycat is "stray" no more! His new name is Puck! I know it's kind of an odd name, but you know we usually don't call our pets by their given names anyway. I came up with Puck because he's silly, and clumsy and makes me laugh when he acts like a little clown.....but I think clowns are kind of creepy, so I opted to name him after a Jester instead. Puck is the Jester from Shakespare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream. For seven months this little cat would sit on the plant bench looking in through my studio window, and it really warms my heart to see him now in my studio looking out.

My little sweetie is sleeping on the couch in my studio in the pineapple-upside-down-cat position! He had a big day today. I was out there sorting glass earlier and he would sit at my feet and lean against my leg. He just wants to be as close to me as he possibly can. Harley and Jamaica have watched him today through the sliding doors. They seem interested, but not all that concerned. I'm making sure to show them extra attention too so they don't get jealous.


Scarface, aka Baby Blue's scratches are healing nicely. I'm going to keep putting food out for him so he doesn't have to go home. Whitey isn't showing up here very much anymore. I think he's starting to get the picture.

My funny moment for the day was when Puck went to use the litterbox in the studio for the first time. Harley and Jamaica are at the sliding door watching him with REALLY big eyes and then they both looked at each other and I swear I could hear Jamaica gasp and Harley say, "Oh no he isn't taking a dump in Mom's studio!"

No comments: